Alison

Alison
She was so beautiful and I will love her for ever.

Sunday 7 August 2011

Painted toe nails


Alison had her nails done every two weeks,  always on a Thursday morning, travelling to her home town of Bury St Edmunds to have them done. The day of her accident, she had them done that morning !she loved having lovely nails.
A few days earlier, think it may have been the Sunday, she for the first time ever asked me to paint her toe nails , being an artist, she knew I would do a good job. So I sat and painted them a lovely purple.
It was the only time she had ever had painted toenails, why she decided then to have them painted I don't know, but it was lovely to do. She went to the beach the next day with a friend, as it was a hot day. She took this picture of them, that gives me such a loving memory, I'm just so lucky that Alison took photo's of anything and everything, it was one of the last photo's she took.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Colin, love this post. I was ill in 2009 and drs couldn't find out what it was for about a year or more. Eventually I was so ill Danny took me to the hospital A&E only to find out I had gallstones that had been left so long they'd gone septic; ended up having my gallbladder removed and part of my liver because of the soread of the infection etc. Convalesced at Danny's house (now our house but we weren't married then) for a month and upto that time it was the best month of my life. I ALWAYS paint my toenails, but I was so sore from the op I couldn't bend to do them. Danny came home from work one day with a new bottle of nail polish and spent the evening painting my toenails and then my fingernails. They were fire engine red and a right mess haha. He hadn't got a clue how to do it! But I left them like that for about a week. Just because he'd painted them for me. And I love him so much for doing that. It's the little things like this that make our relationships so special and we need to keep them in our hearts xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment Katrina, yeah I hold that moment very dear in my heart and to actually find she had taken a photo makes it even more special, I love her so much, my heart aches for her.

    ReplyDelete