Alison

Alison
She was so beautiful and I will love her for ever.

Thursday 28 July 2011

Flowers


As is the tradition of road traffic accidents, flowers are left at the place of the accident. This photograph was taken just a couple of days after Alison's accident. The amount of flowers doubled and to this day 15 weeks on the flowers are still there, although obviously dead. Some of the condolence messages are still readable.
I have since the day she died, had fresh flowers in the house for her. A day or two before they need to be replaced, I pick out the best that are left and take them along to the crash site and add them to the railings.
During the early days I could not go near the crash site, the only time I did was at 5.30 am two days after the accident, I then went back later that day to lay my flowers. It is only just a five minute walk from the house.

I was told by friends who went to lay flowers, that they saw motorcyclists ride by and bow there heads in respect as they went past, that is so touching.

1 comment:

  1. hi i stumbled on your blog, and i responded to your Jan 5 blog. I am the same person who said i just experienced a major loss in Jan 6, 2012. It's only been 10 days, and i have been waking up between 330am-430am.So i understand. I wake up with extreme palpitations, panic attack. I cry and cry until i fall asleep. I understand what you are going through. Let us be strong for each other. And i pray for us that we will get through this.

    ReplyDelete